* NEWS **
This portion of the website is
~ Last update 8/12/2018 ~
* Dr. Ollendorf moved to southern California in Winter 2018 and ALO is now registered with the Secretary of
State's office in California.
Ollendorf completed online training in Solar Energy with PV201 Site Assessment taught by the Midwest Renewable Energy
* Dr. Ollendorf
completed 120 hours of online training in PV Solar Energy. She also has begun engaging locally with solar energy
practitioners and renewable energy experts with the hope of moving fulltime in this direction.
* ALO Environmental Associates
LLC is reactivated after a long dormancy! See Winter 2009 (below) to understand the reason
for this hiatus.
* Dr. Ollendorf completed a 2-year term on the Registrar Advisory Committee (RAC)
for the RPA.
* Elected Registrar for the Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) and
served as a non-voting Board Member.
* Invited to be a Member of the Archaeology Advisory Committee Team for the City
of Minneapolis. Served for the Committee's 6-month-long duration.
In Summer 2008, accepted full-time position of Cultural Resources Program Manager for ENSR, then a company of AECOM. Consequently,
changed ALO Environmental Associates LLC to "inactive." In Fall 2008, AECOM reorganized and ENSR became part
of AECOM Environment. To learn more about AECOM, its business lines and companies, visit http://www.aecom.com To contact Dr. Ollendorf about cultural resources services through AECOM call (612) 376-2443 (office) or
(612) 227-6697 (mobile) or mailto:email@example.com (email).
* Completed several projects for ICOMOS (see description
under Spring 2007 for this organization).
Completed peer-review of a manuscript about applications of lichenometry to archaeology for publication in American
Antiquity. See www.saa.org for information about this journal and other publications.
Appointed Expert Member to the International Committee for Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM) of the International
Council of Monuments & Sites (ICOMOS), an international NGO of professionals dedicated to the conservation of the world's
historic monuments and sites. See www.icomos.org for more information.
Taught "Archaeology in Israel" in Temple Israel's Adult Education Program (Minneapolis) and privately to 11
adults (St. Paul) while they prepared for their summer trips to Israel.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" in the Adult Education Program of Mt. Zion Temple (St. Paul) in addition to Adult Education
class at Shir Tikvah Congregation (Minneapolis).
* Visited many UNESCO
World Heritage Sites and other historic sites in Spain, Germany, Belgium, and Holland over six weeks.
* ALO awarded a Master Consultant Agreement
to provide Hennepin County, Minnesota with cultural & natural resources consulting services for a two-year period
(2007 & 2008).
* Lectured in class entitled, "Historic Preservation," in the School of Architecture at
the University of Minnesota.
Taught "Archaeology in Israel" for the Minneapolis Community Education's Older Adult (55+) Program.
* Began a year-long, 25%-time appointment
as Post-Doctoral Research Associate to the Center for World Heritage Studies in the College of Design at the University
* Completed two book reviews for publication
in professional journals. See our "Professional Activities" link.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" at Adath Jeshurun
Congregation (Minnetonka) as part of their Summer Sampler.
* ALO approved for the CERT Program of Hennepin & Ramsey
counties and the cities of Minneapolis & St. Paul. Read more on our "Facilities & Insurance" link.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel"
for Adult Education at Shir Tikvah Congregation (Minneapolis).
* Appointed by the Minneapolis City Council to the city's Heritage Preservation Commission
(HPC) for the 2005-2008 term. To learn about the HPC, visit www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/hpc/
ALO launched pollen & phytolith analytical services. Read more then
call or email ALO for a customized price quote: www.eculturalresources.com/announcement/117.html