* NEWS **
This portion of the website is
~ Last update 3/7/2019 ~
* The Society for American Archaeology
(SAA) invited Dr. Ollendorf to serve a 3-year term as the SAA Director to the Board of the Register of Professional
Archaeologists (RPA), beginning in January 2019. In this new capacity, Dr. Ollendorf participated in the RPA's Annual
Board Meeting in San Diego on January 2nd during the Annual Meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA).
* Dr. Ollendorf moved to southern California and began working full-time as a Managing Principal
and the Paleontology Program Manager at Applied EarthWorks, Inc. (Æ). Since 1995, Æ has completed
thousands of public- and private-sector client projects throughout the western U.S. Headquartered in Fresno, California, Æ
is a certified SBE and has in-house specialists in prehistoric and historical archaeology, architectural history, cultural
resources management, history, paleontology, and all related subdisciplines. Other Æ offices in California are in San
Luis Obispo, Lompoc, Hemet, and Pasadena; Amy is based in Æ's Pasadena office. To learn more about Æ, please visit www.appliedearthworks.com To contact Dr. Ollendorf
about environmental consulting services through Æ, call (626) 578-0119 x100 (office) or (612) 227-6697 (mobile) or email@example.com (email).
Dr. Ollendorf completed online training in Solar Energy with PV201 Site Assessment taught by the Midwest
Renewable Energy Association (MREA).
* Dr. Ollendorf completed 120 hours of online training in PV Solar
Energy. She also has begun engaging locally with solar energy practitioners and renewable energy experts with
the hope of moving fulltime in this direction.
* ALO Environmental Associates
LLC is reactivated after a long dormancy! See Winter 2009 (below) to understand the reason
for this hiatus.
* Dr. Ollendorf completed a 2-year term
on the Registrar Advisory Committee (RAC) for the RPA.
* Elected Registrar for the Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) and served as a non-voting
Board Member. See www.rpanet.org for
more information about this professional organization.
* Invited to be a Member of the Archaeology
Advisory Committee Team for the City of Minneapolis. Served for the Committee's 6-month-long duration.
* In Summer 2008, accepted full-time position of Cultural
Resources Program Manager for ENSR, then a company of AECOM. Consequently, changed
ALO Environmental Associates LLC to "inactive." In Fall 2008, AECOM reorganized and ENSR became part of AECOM
* Completed several
projects for ICOMOS (see description under Spring 2007 for this organization).
* Completed peer-review of a manuscript about applications
of lichenometry to archaeology for publication in American Antiquity. See www.saa.org for information about this journal and other publications.
* Appointed Expert Member to the International
Committee for Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM) of the International
Council of Monuments & Sites (ICOMOS), an international NGO of professionals dedicated to the
conservation of the world's historic monuments and sites. See www.icomos.org for more information.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" in Temple Israel's Adult Education Program
(Minneapolis) and privately to 11 adults (St. Paul) while they prepared for their summer trips to Israel.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" in the Adult Education Program of Mt. Zion Temple
(St. Paul) in addition to Adult Education class at Shir Tikvah Congregation (Minneapolis).
* Visited many UNESCO World Heritage Sites
and other historic sites in Spain, Germany, Belgium, and Holland over six weeks.
* ALO awarded a Master
Consultant Agreement to provide Hennepin County, Minnesota with cultural & natural resources consulting
services for a two-year period (2007 & 2008).
* Lectured in class entitled, "Historic Preservation," in
the School of Architecture at the University of Minnesota.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" for
the Minneapolis Community Education's Older Adult (55+) Program.
* Began a year-long, 25%-time appointment
as Post-Doctoral Research Associate to the Center for World Heritage Studies in the College of Design at
the University of Minnesota.
* Completed two
book reviews for publication in professional journals. See our "Professional Activities" link.
* Taught "Archaeology
in Israel" at Adath Jeshurun Congregation (Minnetonka) as part of their Summer Sampler.
ALO approved for the CERT Program of Hennepin & Ramsey counties and the cities of Minneapolis & St.
Paul. Read more on our "Facilities & Insurance" link.
* Taught "Archaeology in Israel" for Adult Education
at Shir Tikvah Congregation (Minneapolis).
* Appointed by the Minneapolis City Council to the city's Heritage
Preservation Commission (HPC) for the 2005-2008 term. To learn about the HPC, visit www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/hpc/
* ALO launched pollen & phytolith analytical services. Read
more then call or email ALO for a customized price quote: www.eculturalresources.com/announcement/117.html